lunes, 30 de noviembre de 2020

 

ENGLISH LANGUAGE CHALLENGES

When I entered university last year, I was very afraid to enter English classes, in fact, it still happens to me. I will be honest, and far from happy to learn a new language that is too important worldwide, it causes me stress, impotence and shame. Every time I had to read or speak in class, it was a bad time, because my base in the subject was bad, I studied in a little school where I didn’t know anything about English until eighth year, So in high school I had a bad time and I was afraid to repeat those moments in university.

Luckily, in the FAU the variability of topics that are addressed in the classes and the methods are more pleasurable, making me dare to participate in the classes. In fact, I appreciate this instance of blogs, thanks to it I can tell you my historical grudge with English, but with faculty professors, it has been diminished and more enjoyable.

The hardest aspects of English for me are listening and pronunciation, so I try to pay attention when I listen to songs, especially from US female singers, as I really like pop, or sometimes when I’m alone, either in the shower or in my room, I start singing them. In my day to day I don´t use much the English, only for the class, sometimes to play Duolingo and very few times, to understand an article of architecture that is not in Spanish.

4 comentarios:

  1. I am also very embarrassed to speak or read in English, we should support each other by learning languages, maybe one day we will be experts :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi! Listen songs in English is a good way to learn more about the pronunciation, I also sing them with mi sis or when I´m alone hahaha

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi!! I totally understand you, the good thing is that the classes at the university are fun and make you practice a lot

    ResponderEliminar
  4. hello claudio!

    when you speak in class I feel that you have very good English, congratulations.
    I have a case similar to yours, I don't have a very good base but we need to participate to continue improving.
    greetings!

    ResponderEliminar

  ENGLISH LANGUAGE CHALLENGES When I entered university last year, I was very afraid to enter English classes, in fact, it still happens t...